FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Saturday, December 4, 2010

4 Of 40

I have a serious aversion to glitter. I mean serious. It's therapy-worthy serious. Glitter is never, and I mean never, allowed in this house. Cute glitter shoes that the girls begged for? Nope. T-shirts with glitter in the design? Heavens no. Glitter lip gloss? For sure, no.

So, imagine my surprise when I decided to make a glitter tree. I shocked myself. I stood in the isle at Hobby Lobby and just stared at the bottles of glitter. I had to take a deep breath before I picked one up. Glitter gives me the heeby-jeebies. It's messy and it. sticks. to. everything. But yet, it now resides in my house.


Making the tree almost gave me a fatal heart attack. No matter how hard I tried, that darn glitter just got everywhere. After I was finished, I vacuumed every square inch of the kitchen. And I must admit, I vacuumed by entire body as well.

With the tree now in position, things just got a lot more sparkly over here. Who knows, maybe I'll branch out and buy Todd some glitter shoes for Christmas.

* tutorial for tree found here.
** 1 of 40 here, 2 of 40 here, 3 of 40 here.

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

It is sooooo cute- totally worth the glitter :) hehe

Anonymous said...

Love the tree. I saw the tutorial a while ago and vowed to make it. Way to concur the glitter!

Rydgd said...

dah-ling!! i don't believe in glitter either, but you may have converted me...

Taryn said...

Glitter is the "herpes" of the craft world.
Amen

Fisherdude said...

Your next challenge will be a "real" flocked Christmas Tree aka The days on Ida Lane. I remember well your Dad and I doing one in your garage.