FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Thursday, December 16, 2010

This Mother's Top 10

I'm weary from shopping and money spending. My brain hurts from thinking about Christmas so much. I'm sick of it. Not the Christmas part, just the thinking part.

While at Kohl's AGAIN, I decided on my Top 10 for this time of year. Here you go:

A Mother's Christmas Top 10
10. Arriving home from Target only to realize that I need to go back for more tomorrow.

9. My child requesting something from Santa that we already own. "But this one is a prettier color".

8. Another child requesting a Pillow Pet that will sit on the bed and never get touched.

7. Preparing teacher gifts that my kids tell me, "are stupid". And then they add, "but I'm not being rude."

6. Laying in bed at night reviewing what I've bought for each child so I can make sure there is total equality. I then purchase more to even things out, only to realize I've made it more unbalanced.

5. As I buy, I hide it away. Now I can't remember what I've bought.

4. Kids who tell me their "perfect" gift request on December 1, only to inform me on December 23rd that this request is no longer valid.

3. All. The. Wrapping!

2. Realizing that Santa gets WAY too much credit.

1. What takes me 864 hours to prepare, is unwrapped and over in 38 minutes on Christmas morning.

Amen.

2 comments :

Rydgd said...

seriously - i think i go to target at least once a day...

Anonymous said...

Maybe if I close my eyes tightly, by the time I open them it will all be over.