FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Monday, December 6, 2010

Full Circle

It is quite a strange thing to have your baby reach a milestone. Unlike the siblings before her, her's has more of a finality to it. She is the last one. That's it, no more. Once she passes an age, an event, a phase, it's really gone. That's what makes it so strange.


Addie got baptized. The last of the three. It seems we've come full circle. Or maybe, there isn't really a beginning or end to it, just one continuous round.


She has anxiously anticipated this event, this milestone. She was confident and self assured. She was up from her chair and in the font before Todd even reached his side of the water. I hope she always remains that sure of herself and what she wants. Actually, I pray for it.

This family feels older now. We no longer have anyone who is 'little'. I guess we've entered a new season and I didn't even notice it. Somehow, Addie getting baptized just seemed to clarify it for me. It's that full circle thing. Daily life goes round and round, and just when you least expect it, the circle changes.

For now, I'm holding tight to my circle. With all it's bends and turns, I find it quite perfect. Maybe that's the secret to the journey. Not trying to change your circle, but simply embracing the one you have. Every milestone, a curve along the way.

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Kicking myself that we were not at the baptism. I hate it that we miss this stuff with the Fosters! Congrats Addie! Love you all.

Rydgd said...

She looks like an angel! And I love your "8" cookies!

Edwin and Rebecca said...

Great cookies. I'm sure it was a great day. We miss you guys. Addie looks adorable on her special day.

Joy Hollingshaus said...

Hi Lisa---I can't believe Addie is 8!! Time flies, huh? I just read your article in The Mormon Times. E.X.C.E.L.L.E.N.T!! Wish we lived closer!!