FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Play By Play

Makell informed me this afternoon that she was going to make dessert tonight. Baked goods are something that I take very seriously. But, as you can well guess, I'm the kind of mother that encourages creativity and self expression. Me and the words, 'free spirit' are one in the same.

So, she mixed up a red velvet cake and made homemade chocolate frosting. Yes, I'm serious. She then proceeded to crumble the cake and mixed the two together. She rolled the whole thing into bite-sized balls. "They're cake balls," she told us. "They're delicious".

Me: "Makell. Why, oh why, is there powdered sugar COVERING the sink, blinds, window ledge and rug?"

Kellie: "Oh, I didn't want to walk the measuring cup over to the sink, so I just threw it."

OK, so here are my questions for the day. Feel free to offer answers:

1. Do these things happen to other mothers, or am I the only one stupid enough to let their child cook AND throw things simultaneously?

2. Why are they called cake balls? If the word 'balls' is in the name, I darn well better be able to dribble it. It just feels rather wrong to eat balls made of cake. Why not call them, 'cake bites' or even 'cakettes'. But 'balls'? It's alarming. Am I wrong?

On that note, tomorrow is Parent/Teacher Conference at the elementary school. Addie's teachers informed me that I really, really need to make sure I come to my appointment. I think I might take some cake balls with me. I need all the advantages I can get.

No comments :