FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My Age Is Showing

Lately, I've come to the realization that I'm almost 40. I remember my parents at that same age. My mom bought my dad our family's first VCR for his 40th birthday. Maybe I'll get a VCR too. That would be sweet. I'll set it right next to my Atari.

Over the last few months, I've noticed a few things happening that make me feel "older". When I stand on the porch and wave at the girls on the bus, my underarm jiggles. Like, a lot. And I often find myself longing to sit on the couch and read all. day. long. I have yet to give in, but I'm getting close. Oh, and I'm starting to wrinkle up in places you shouldn't have wrinkles. It's unnerving.

I've been thinking about various ways to celebrate my "olderness". Technically, I don't hit the 40 for 7 more months, but in dog years, that's speedy quick soon. What if I try to do 40 things that I would normally never do? Like, eating vegetables. Or flossing. Or saying the words, "My children are my greatest blessing" without choking on my own saliva. What do you think, good idea?

It's rather weird to feel your age creeping. What if you don't like the way it creeps? I guess there isn't much you can do about it. Maybe the best solution is to sit on the couch all day. It will minimize the creeping feeling. And while I'm at it, I'll watch my VCR. I think that sounds like a rather good plan.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

I vote for you to complete the list of 40 things you would never do. That alone could be your book that everyone is always telling you to write! I would definately sit on the couch all. day. long. to read it!

Becky Leland said...

Oh to be 40 again - I think I like 61 !!!