FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Friday, October 8, 2010

Only The Songs Have Changed

When the 11 yr. old was a newborn, the 14 yr. old would scoot her bouncy seat right next to her in front of the television. The older would pile stuffed animals around the younger. Then they would sit side-by-side and watch Barney.

Now they are both older and the songs they sing never involve using good manners or clean up time. Last night found them both on the stage for a choir concert. I found myself in the audience feeling wonder at how much they are becoming.

Motherhood often requires taking a step back, just so you can see the full picture. Only then are we able to soak in these beings we call our own. I'm grateful for where they stand and all that I see. For my ears, they sing the most beautiful music. When I tune everything else out, it sounds like heaven.

No comments :