FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

For Real?

Since arriving here in this humid, bug infested place, I've tried to be tolerant of the "wildlife".

Last night, I walked into my bathroom, and look what was hopping across the floor:

I'm not kidding!! I screamed and the kids came running. We watched this amphibian try to jump up onto the shower door. Sam eagerly scooped him up, played with him for a while and then set him free outside.

On a brighter note, look what we found when we got home from church on Sunday:

This thing was as big as my hand. He was perched on the window just beside my back door. Again, screams proceeded from my mouth. And a few gasps. Makell just rolled her eyes and killed it.

I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm totally positive that spiders should not look like they took steroids, and frogs should not, I repeat NOT, take a stroll through my bathroom.

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

The worst thing that ever made it into our house was a baby copperhead snake. Slithered across the kitchen floor. Thankfully that was many years ago and never repeated!

Christy said...

Just the picture of that spider made me die a little inside.

Rydgd said...

My kids would be green with envy. If those creatures are out in the open...what is lurking unseen??? That was mean - sorry.

Becky Leland said...

Okay, this is NOT good! The spider and the frog is bad enough, bit if I ever see a copperhead, baby or not, I would be moving! I think Terminix would spray my house weekly!

Unknown said...

I freaked the other night when I had a beetle dead on my bathroom floor. I was so freaked out that I left it and shut the door while I slept. I hate bugs!! So, with that said you can only imagine how I feel about this SPIDER (monsterous) and frog. What the heck is that thing doing indoors! I would seriously flip if I had to deal with either. Ugh Texas wildlife.