FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Gift

I would categorize myself as a quiet believer in miracles. I know they are there, I just have a hard time seeing them sometimes. So, I guess my belief is grounded in the knowing. I fall short in the seeing.

A year and a half ago, my sister was told that this extraordinary girl was on the short track to a heart transplant. The shattering news laid itself on top of an ever growing mound of adversity.

But this week, a miracle arrived. Her heart is now functioning like yours and mine. Granted, she will forever remain on her perfect cocktail of medicines and the doctors warn of future degeneration. But even they are stunned. We are elated. Hearts like Riley's don't get better. They just don't. But miracles happen in the most unexpected places. They just do.

'Angelic' is too generic a word to use when describing Riley. She is simply a Gift. In the purest form of the word. She is one of those special people the Lord sent to bless those around her. Her soul speaks of a wiser place than this. Her smile offers a joy that melts away the world. She is a Gift.

In my steady and quiet acknowledgment of the Lord's hand in our lives, I offer my faith in miracles seen and unseen. He is ever aware of us. He is our constant companion and the giver of gifts. This week, He has blessed one special, little girl. And in turn, she is the gift He has given all of us. May we ever be worthy of her.

3 comments :

Shelly said...

That is wonderful news! I just love the eloquence in which you wrote about this special girl and your faith in her healing. You are amazing!!

Unknown said...

I am crying reading this post. Thank you for your graceful words, they have touched my heart once again. I believe in miracles and see the Lord's hand in my life and in the lives of those around me.

Stacie Cooper said...

What a true miracle this is! I am so grateful for this news! Thanks for letting me know and your beautiful words.