FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

She Threatens

Have I ever mentioned that my sister is nice? She's super nice. In an annoying way. I don't know how she does it. It's got to be exhausting, being nice all the time. Maybe that's why she sometimes wears her pajamas all day. She's just so tired from being so nice. If you ask me, it's way easier to be mean. I speak from experience.

Every now and then, my sister tries to be firm with me. She tries to lay down the law with a slight edge in her voice. It's so bizarre when this happens. The nice girl is valiantly trying to not be so nice. It's weird. Whenever these moments occur, I tend to just stare at her with a puzzled look on my face like there's a leprechaun standing right there in my kitchen. Stomping her foot. It's that weird.

She has recently threatened to terminate my visits. She thinks I'm overriding her authority by letting the twins have whatever they want. I don't see a problem. She does. She has used her firm leprechaun voice to tell me that I'm going to have a time out from my babies, if I don't stop it.

She has started putting Keagan in time out. It makes my heart hurt. The other night, this child wanted a candy bar. My sister said 'no'. I gave it to her anyway. She just stared at me with her beady, leprechaun eyes and said, "I said no". I replied, "that's stupid".

I let Keagan play with the hose. It makes her happy, therefore I am happy. Again, my leprechaun sister said that she didn't want her child to drink out of the hose. "Um, OK" I told her. This is Keagan staring at her mother pounding on the kitchen window for me to not let her drink:
I am slightly afraid that my sister might actually stop being so nice long enough to follow through on the time out. Only slightly afraid. But, just in case, I'm currently devising ways to conceal my actions so the leprechaun can't see. It's a work in progress, but I think I'll be successful. Maybe I could write a book about the results. I'll title it, "Don't Let The Leprechaun Scare You!" Nice.

4 comments :

Becky Leland said...

LOVE this - yes, she is HAPPY!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the diaper that looks like it will explode any minute! The hose water is the same as tap water. It even has flouride. You may actually be doing that baby a favor. Your sis will thank you when the dentist proudly says..."no cavities"

Tillia said...

Lisa I understand where you are going with this, but I am going to have to side with Emily on this one!!! But I do think you should get to spoil them when she's in the other room!! :)
If I did that to Stacie with her kids she might stab me in my sleep, she is that serious about them listening to her. You wouldn't make it a day at her house-sorry.

shari berry bo-berry said...

you are such a crack up Lisa! and I love this little vignette about Em...I miss her dearly!

and, because i have a freakish memory when it comes to quirky things that people love, i have to share another link with you for something bacon related for your daughter. not even sure if she still loves bacon, but every time i see anything bacon themed i think of you/her.

bacon socks - check it out: http://www.alwaysfits.com/alwaysfits/index.php/featured-products/bacon-unisex-rock-socks.html