FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Remains Of The Day

The last day of school was Thursday, but it seems I am only now able to write about it. The effect on me has been profound. Although, I must admit, I have relished the lazier days and slower schedule.

During the last week of school, I am always stunned by the amount of crap that tumbles through the door. The stacks of paper, projects and writing samples, could blanket all of Texas. Once I sorted through it all, I then had the crazy notion to dump out the remaining contents of 2 backpacks.

It's like my garbage can and the school store got married and then barfed on my carpet. And all this ONLY came from the small front pocket of the backpack. I think I found a Fun Dip that my child received sometime last October.

Sam waited until the end of the year to find out if she could fit in her locker. Looks like she could use a little growth over the summer.


In a moment of 'trying to be a fun mom', I bought shaving cream. After they got off the bus, I asked them to put on swimming suits and meet me on the driveway. I gave them each a can and let them loose. The oldest two looked at me like I was stupid. The youngest entertained us all.


She wore this hat for quite some time. She started walking up and down the street, waving at her friends.

On Friday, I lost all sense of composure. I let the house go, I let everyone paint, we went to see a movie and ate pizza. I completely freaked myself out. This week, I've got to get it together. But, I'm not quite sure how to top the shaving cream. Chocolate pudding?

2 comments :

Erin said...

now that's a pic that should be used at a graduation recognition ceremony one day!...maybe cool whip w/ different kinds of food coloring next time?

JoAnna said...

That looks like so much fun! Sometimes, I let my toddler play with shaving cream and "clean the shower." Have a fun summer! :)