FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Why?

Why does December become the most stressful month of the year? When exactly am I supposed to find a calm moment to sit and reflect on the birth of the Savior? There is no calm and there are no free moments.

Why is the royal icing on Makell's gingerbread house as hard as cement? It really makes it difficult for me when I pick off her well placed candy. Don't fret, I start at the back so she won't notice.

Why do I spend 5 hours and $500 shopping, only to realize that I'm no where near done?

Why do I spend 5 hours and $500 shopping, only to realize that none of it is for me?

Why haven't I ever thanked my mom for spending 5 hours and $500 shopping? Hopefully she reads this.

Why doesn't Todd listen to me? Last week he spent all his working hours searching the web for gifts for the girls. I nixed every item on his list, especially the items that would require my involvement or an enormous amount of space to store. He bought them all anyway. I have since threatened to drop him off at a dairy farm with nary a Banana Republic in sight. He shivered at the suggestion.

Why do I ask my kids what they want for Christmas? My 10 yr. old wants an Easy Bake. She already knows how to cook. Really well. In a real oven. She said she wants to make mini pies. The 7 yr. old wants a laptop. She even stomped her foot while asking. I think she just might find disappointment under the tree.

Why do my kids try to talk to me while I'm in the shower? Seriously, why? Even when I yell for them to leave the bathroom, they keep talking. Why?

OK. I'm done now. No more whining. At least for a couple of hours.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

WHY don't you leave them behind for a little rest and relaxation in Kentucky! (I'll buy you a present...)