FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Not. Enough. Time.

I haven't had time to post in almost a week. Not for lack of material, that is simply not an issue around here. Its a lack of time. My life feels over-the-top crazy. I don't have time to breathe. It would take too long. I do have one silver lining--most of my Christmas has been bought AND wrapped. Most. Not all. I don't quite know when I'll get around to the last bit.

In the free minutes I have, let me leave you with Addie's recent question.
The other morning, she was tying her shoes, she looked at me and asked:

"Mom. You know Rudolph....(pause)....the red-nosed reindeer?"

Me: "Yes."

Addie: "Is he real?"

Me: "Absolutely."

Addie: "Well, do reindeer really play games?"

Me: "Uh. Yes. You know how puppies play? I think reindeer play like that too."

Addie: "Why don't the other reindeer like Rudolph?"

Me: "What?"

Addie: "They won't let him play with them."

Me: "Uh. I'm not sure."

Addie: (pause)..."I think he's mean. Yah. Rudolph's mean, and that's why they won't let him play."

I think she just might be analyzing the song too much. Maybe I should have her start singing Silent Night. Hopefully it will sink into her subconscious and she'll stop talking and become 'calm and bright'.

The missionaries came for dinner tonight. Poor boys. The girls really stepped up their game. Describing all they did would take at least an hour. At one point, Makell turned to them and asked, "hey, do you guys celebrate Hanukkah?" As the misssionaries stared, I explained to her that Hanukkah is a Jewish holiday and we are not Jewish. She just looked at me like I was an idiot and said, "I know! I still want to know if they celebrate Hanukkah!" Within minutes of that, Addie explained to them how they would be able to locate the boy's bathroom if they were blind. I don't think they'll ever come back. I wouldn't.



3 comments :

Anonymous said...

I bet the missionaries are dieing to come back. Think of the great stories they have to write home about!!

Christy said...

How do you not know that they didn't like Rudolph because he's different.... that's the whole point of the song.

Kid is different
Kid gets picked on
Kid's weirdness turns out to be awesomeness
Kid shows the world his awesomeness and world wishes they had been nice all along so they could ride his coat-tails of fame.

Kerri said...

Dear Santa, Please oh PLEASE get me an invite to the Foster's dinner table!!! <3, Kerri