FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tradition Revamp

Why is it that the traditional Christmas gift is sugar filled? You know how much I heart baked goods, but why are they so popular this time of year? Every day more and more plates of goodies are heaped at the door. I'm diligent and hard working, but there is only so many treats one girl can consume. Coming from me, that says a lot.


Instead of Christmas equaling a baked goods fest, I think it should become a gift card fest. Why can't people start bringing over gift cards on a plate? I think that would be rather lovely. What about giving those you love a babysitter? Good idea, I know. What if babysitters started showing up at my door? Oh, la, la. That's way better than treats. Wait, I know, I know. What if the new Christmas tradition is to give away a babysitter who hands you a gift card? Oh sweet heavens, that's dreamy. I'm voting for that.


5 comments :

Anonymous said...

Truth be told...I have been known to throw away some of the sugary goodness that has been brought to the door. It's just way too much. The gift card idea is my favorite so far.

wade said...

Did my wife just say that she throws away sugar??? That has to be a sin! Rest assured that I will correct this deviant behavior.

Becky Leland said...

love the cute decorations!

Joan said...

Wow, glad I didn't bring sugar to your house and read this to learn you threw it away because it wasn't a gift card.

Stacie said...

I totally agree, especailly with the babysitter delivering a gift card!