FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

3 Little Pigs

We have a couch in the upstairs family room slash playroom. I never, ever look behind it. Truth be told, when I'm in that room I don't even let my eyes wander anywhere in the vicinity of the couch. It's where the girls and their friends hang out. Thus, I'm scared of what's back there. The other day, I was brave enough to move it:

We have a rule that food is not allowed out of the kitchen. So, imagine my surprise (not) to find mass piles of dry noodles. There were also half eaten suckers, used bandaids, gum, chapstick, endless garbarge. Oh, and a glove. Not a pair mind you, just one. Are they really that lazy? Just shove it all behind the couch I guess. Ask any one of them who shoved all this crap back here, and I get my favorite response, "I didn't do it."

I think from now on I should just start shoving everything I pick up behind the couch. I'm so tired of bending over to pick. up. one. more. thing. So, I'll just kick it to the couch instead. When the girls ask me where their backpacks are, I'll just say, "I didn't do it."

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

I made the kids clean out the van today, I mean REALLY clean it. As Madi was desperately trying to scrub something stiky off the wall she said, "Mom you shouldn't give us treats in the car. I never want our car to be this dirty again!"
No kidding!!! Do you think that was and "Ah-Ha" moment? Probably not. Someday they'll get it!
Good Luck!!

Christy said...

Be careful! Before you know it you'll have mustard plants growing back there!

Anonymous said...

I'm with ya on not picking up anything else- FABULOUS idea!! And hey, "I didn't do it" so no one can complain to me :)! LOVE IT!!

Amanda Murdock said...

Classic! No matter how hard you try... it never fails. I think it's a given.