FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Crawfish Boil

Some friends of ours had a crawfish boil last night. I guess you're not a real Texan until you've gobbled up some of these critters.



As I stared at these mini reptiles I wondered why someone ever considered scooping these things up outta the lake and then boilin' them in cajun spices. Throw in some potatoes and corn and you're set.



It's a lot of work to eat them crawfish. There is a fine art to cracking open the shells. The real Texans at the party had to demonstrate for us uneducated folk. Once you've got the shell off, all you're left with a piece of meat the size of a caterpillar. An anorexic one.



But, if you don't like crawfish, you can always settle for a hot dog.


Once everyone had cracked enough shells to get carpel tunnel, we watched the kids play tug of war. By this time of the night, my lips were on fire from all the cajun spices. It most definitely hampered my cheering.

We've cracked and we've eaten now. Does that make us Texans? I'm fixin' to think about it....

3 comments :

Kristin said...

You're more Texan than I! Four years and counting w/out attending a craw fish boil. The hot dog looks good! :)

Anonymous said...

That is FANTASTIC!!! A little gross but fantastic. I'm actually thinking about driving the Hoston to drop off some kids this week! :)

Christy said...

They're more like big bugs than little reptiles.

Did you suck the brains out? I never can bring myself to do it.