FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Saturday, November 1, 2014

A First


Back in the day, there was a Cheetah, a Spy and a Butterfly.


And now? Now there's just a lovely Minnie Mouse.


The others are too cool to change out of their pajamas. Which is like the signature look for teenagers. So, at least I have the beautiful Baby Child who is willing to dress up. But she is definitely too old to trick or treat with her parents. It was her and a friend and Halloween was their Boss!

This is the first year in EVER that the Hubs and I didn't tag along after children as they ran house to house. We stayed home. Alone. And passed out candy while we watched TV. It was epic. And a little weird, all at the same time. I think this is our new phase of life. Sitting at home while the offspring jaunts away. I like it and I don't like it. Make sense?

Children #1 and #2 went to a party. I believe the goal was to watch a "scary" movie. I texted them at 10:00 pm and asked for a picture so I could have proof of what they looked like for Halloween. They sent back a picture of black air. You know, because they were watching a movie. Duh. If I scrapbooked, I be puzzled by that one.

This morning, the day after, I look around and it feels like Halloween barfed all over my house. There's a sunken pumpkin, candy, wrappers and costume parts. Do you think there's such a thing as a candy hangover? If there is, you'd think I would have had one by now. But I'm pretty sure my sugar tolerance is pretty high. Hey! Maybe they have a Candy Breath-alizer test. You know, and you can't drive if you've eaten more that 2 pounds of candy. I better look into that.

Happy November, friends.


No comments :