FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Thursday, October 30, 2014

She Keeps Me Young-ish


There are just certain things that I forget to do with the Baby Child. Like, pumpkin carving. She's been begging for a week. And I keep thinking to myself, "Haven't we done this a bunch of times already? I thought we were over it." And then I remember that she is Child #3. The first 2 are over it, but she's not.


I don't ever want her to feel like she missed out, just because she showed up at the end of the family. Most of the time I think she's pretty lucky. The other 2 burned me straight out. So I let her get away with pretty much everything. A few days ago she said to me, "Stop talking to me because you're really getting on my nerves." So, I did just that. I stopped talking to her and walked away. She ain't my first teenager to tackle.

But this year, pumpkin carving didn't even enter my mind. I just assumed all the children were too old for it. Apparently not. So I scooped up a pumpkin at the Walmart and the Baby Child was ridiculously excited. She washed and carved it. But she wouldn't stick her hands inside to pull out the guts. Turns out that moms are good for something after all.

And now I'm left wondering what else I've missed with her. Did we go to the park enough? What about Happy Meals and the McDonalds playland? Poor girl probably needs a new mom with more energy. Or she can make do with the one that lets her eat Red Hots for breakfast. With chocolate milk, of course.


No comments :