FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Friday, June 20, 2014

Lesson Learned


The oldest 2 have been at camp all week. This is the first time in 3 years that I haven't gone with them. Truth be told, I'm sad. Well, most of the time.

#3 has been left behind all these years, so I was determined to fun it up with her this week. Guess what that means to an 11 yr. old? Spending lots of money on elaborate plans. And making huge messes in my kitchen. All with friends. Not her mother. She made that point very clear.


With a brief moment between the 2 of us, I decided to have a little heart to heart. You know, tell her mom stuff: I will love you for ever and ever and ever, You can always tell me anything, I'll always be there for you. That kind of thing.

So, The Favorite Baby Child places her hands flat on the counter, tilts her head, and just looks at me. Then she says:

"Cool. You're like my assistant. Get me a Dr. Pepper."

Aannnndddd..... Lesson #436 in Parenting-- Never engage them in conversation.
Like, ever.

The End.


No comments :