FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Friday, May 9, 2014

What To Do


I'm giving you an assignment.
To be creative.
Today or tomorrow. Be crafty. Create something. Anything.


I have a branch. From The Husband's most favorite tree. He pruned it off one day. And I of course snatched it away to decorate with. I originally put leaves on the ends that were made from book pages. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to change it up. I'm fairly certain I was trying to avoid my To Do list, so I crafted instead.


I simply folded over the washi tape, right onto the branch. Then cut it into a leaf shape. Then I scientifically squished it around the edges. After I finished those, it still felt a little bare. So I added the black chevron. It only took about an hour, and it was free.


Guess what else was free? The wrapping paper that covered my birthday puzzle. I couldn't throw it away. It just felt too sacred.


I cut out scads of hearts and made flowers. I got the idea from Flower Patch Farmgirl. She used magazine pages and made a garland. Either option is lovely. But, let's be honest. My paper once held a puzzle {whispered with reverence}. Just sayin'.


So. That's you're assignment.
Drink a Coke and eat candy all along the way.
Best weekend ever.


No comments :