FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Where's The Middle Man?

If you look up the phrase, 'Vicious Cycle' in the dictionary, this is what you will find:

I make a list of all the food I need to buy.
I clean out the fridge in the process and throw away all the old food.
I traverse the isles of the grocery store and buy new food.
I hall all the bags of food into the house.
I replace all the old food with new food in the fridge and pantry.
The kids open the pantry and exclaim, "There is nothing to eat!"
Then the kids complain, "Why don't you ever buy Pop Tarts!? Everyone else's mom buys Pop Tarts!"
I pull all the food back out of the fridge and cook dinner.
I clean up the leftover food and the dishes it briefly touched.
I walk out of the kitchen.
I hear a child cry, "I'm hungry!"

Am I missing something here? Is there a step I've missed or a loop hole I haven't found? When I sat in the auditorium on my college graduation day, this is certainly not what I envisioned. Not even close.

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

This made me smile, Lisa. I can remember my boys coming home after school and making the triangular route between fridge, cupboard, and pantry. Then doing it again, I suppose wondering if something new had magically appeared in 20 seconds!

Anonymous said...

Oh ya, that's the dream we're living!!
(P.S. I don't buy pop tarts...ever)

Unknown said...

Why has it taken me this long to discover your blog? I adore it. I may have just read through the last few months of posts and literally laughed out loud while sitting in my cubicle at work!
Thanks for the smiles!