FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Saturday, November 20, 2010

She Shoots

The Runner now plays basketball. Can you see her? I tried to tell her how hard it is to take a picture of her when she keeps moving. I sweetly requested that she stand still more often while she is on the court. She just stared at me funny and walked away.


She is #1. I asked her if this is because she is super good or super tiny. I still haven't gotten an answer. Oh well.
Watching her games are kinda crazy. There are so many rules and whistle blowing. And sweat. Lots of running and sweat. I'm so focused on who is wearing the cutest shoes, that I often miss the moments when the ball makes it through the hoop.

When I'm not looking at the shoes, I'm thinking about the cute hair clips I could make to match the players outfits. Several people have asked me what position she plays. I just stare at them and open my eyes real big. "Um, isn't it obvious? The one where you run and dribble the ball. Isn't that the position they all play?"

I have no idea where Sam's love of athletics comes from. Maybe it's a recessive gene passed on through her lineage. I remember being forced to play church softball. I stood as far out in the field as I could so that I wouldn't have to do anything that would get my Keds dirty.

My sister, on the other hand, has a pretty good grasp on sports. She told me that once she twisted her ankle playing church basketball. She asked to get pulled from the game, but my dad told her (in his angry voice), "You play until you die!" I stared at her with a gasp when she told me that. I definitely think you should shop until you die, but not play ball. That's nuts.

Anyhoo, I'm going to try and concentrate and learn something. For reals. I'm sure that all those hand motions the refs use actually mean something. Either that, or they secretly want to be dancers. You just wait. By the end of this season, I'm positive that I'll know what 'traveling' is. But in the meantime, I'm totally whipping up cute hair bows for Sam and her teammates. They're going to love them.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hair bows??? Girl, you are going to embarrass that daughter of yours for life. Athletes don't wear cute hair bows.