FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks


I like this holiday. It comes without embellishments or a lot of fanfare. Just an excessive amount of food. And what can be wrong with that?

Thanksgiving seems to encompass the real meaning of the word 'holiday'. It's a day that isn't measured by dollars spent, the perfect gift given, or the most elaborate decorations hung. It's a day of giving. A day of thanking. Simple, yet grand, all at the same time.

This day is measured by family, in all it's shapes and sizes. When I simmer my gratitude down to the finest details, family is at the core. It is at the heart of all I hold dear. So today, in between slices of pie, I give thanks for this piece of heaven I have been given.

By the way, we ate the tur-duck-hen. And guess what? It takes like turkey.

No comments :