FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cajun Style

We are having a tur-duc-hen for Thanksgiving. I'm not kidding. It's a chicken shoved inside a duck shoved inside a turkey. Again, not kidding. And to make it even better, stuffing is at the core.

I can't even imagine how this concept came about. Who actually thinks about shoving different forms of poultry inside one another? Someone with too much time on their hands. Just in case this isn't as tasty as it looks, we are also having ham. It's not shoved inside anything. Totally boring.

The rest of the Thanksgiving prep is underway. I went against tradition and bought my rolls. From the store. They are sitting on the counter in a bag. It feels a little sacrilegious not to have homemade rolls. But then again, a tur-duc-hen is completely off the grid. Maybe I'll go totally crazy and serve enchiladas. Texas is wearing on me.

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, to think, I lived my entire growing up years in the deep South and never had the priviledge of trying a tur duc hen!! hehe- gotta hear how it is on Thurs :)

Anonymous said...

Tana and my parents are having enchiladas. Good luck with the Tur-duck-hen!!

Rydgd said...

What time is dinner? I'm so there. I have to cook my FIRST TURKEY EVER - almost made it to 40 w/out doing that chore. So if it fails - save me some tur duc hen. Awesome.