FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Seed

Family scripture reading is a somewhat painful event. Ninety-nine percent of the time, the whole episode feels like I'm swimming in tar and I have to pull the kids along behind me. Good times.

But then there is the remaining one percent. In those slivers of time, something good happens. The moments are rare, but they're golden when they happen.

A few nights ago, we (which is a very loose term) were reading in Alma:
"...Now, if ye give place, that a seed may be planted in you heart, behold, if it be a true seed, or a good seed....behold, it will begin to swell within your breasts; and when you feel these swelling motions, ye will begin to say..."
At this point, I looked up to find Sam staring at me with bright eyes and a large smile. She simply stated, "I gotta get me one of those seeds. It makes your boobs grow."

Spiritual moment? Apparently it was for Sam. Todd and I laughed so hard we almost peed. I told her that if I ever find one of those seeds, I'm keeping it for myself.


6 comments :

Edwin and Rebecca said...

That is hilarious!!!

Anonymous said...

OH. MY. GOSH. I can hardly sit on my chair, I am laughing so hard! I love it :) Hey, you gotta share with a few of us ;)

Anonymous said...

That's the most fantastic thing I've heard in awhile!

Rachelle Woolley said...

If you find one, let me know!! :)

Unknown said...

I must not be searching the scriptures diligently. I want one of those seeds too!!!

Rydgd said...

I need A LOT more faith - maybe two seeds.