FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Group Project

Why do school projects always become a parent-focused activity? Maybe teachers just want parents to spend more time with their children. Because working on projects, the night before they are due, always brings out the love.

Last night, Sam, I mean Todd, had to build a race car powered by a balloon. Here's the kicker- she couldn't use any normal race car parts. Everything had to be common items, preferably those that can be recycled.

When Sam first explained the project to me, she reached the word 'build', and my mind immediately shut off. I looked at her with by big, blue eyes and said my favorite mom words, "talk to your dad". She did. He built, she helped. Or maybe she built, he helped. I just stayed on the side lines looking pretty and offering words of encouragement.

She took her homemade race car to school today. If she wins, I'm totally taking credit.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

That last sentence made me laugh...hard.

Anonymous said...

The words Science Fair used to make me panic. In the end, I think we all had a pretty good idea whose daddy did what for a living, judging by the finished projects we saw!