FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Sunday, September 26, 2010

My Soap Box Has Me Thinking

I exploded this week. On my kids. It happens every couple weeks. This was a pinnacle in my patience and I cracked. Severely.

I've reached the point where I can't stand to ask them to do something four and five times. They don't even listen to me speak the first 3 requests. Then I scream, and they question why I am always yelling at them. Go figure.

Tuesday morning, before school, I exploded. Bad. I forcefully explained that I am the mom and this house is not a democracy. In all uncertain terms, they must listen and obey. I admit that I also took away a large amount of privileges. After I made my point, I simply stopped talking, and they were rather thrilled.

Since that moment of impact, I've tried to point out every unheard request. I stop and show them how many times I've asked them to Do. Something! They just stare at me with big eyes, like I'm an idiot (Which I am not. At least, I don't currently think I am.)

My 'Listen and Obey' soapbox has led my thoughts elsewhere. Me and my relationship with the Lord. He often asks me to 'listen and obey'. Sometimes I do. Other times I don't. And in between all those times, I do as He asks, but I whine and complain the whole way through. So, how much does that count in the obedience category?

Why can't I always bear His principle with patience, and Listen and Obey? The reasons are endless. I don't want to, it's hard, I'm sick of trying, or the all too common, I'm worn out. I feel like I've turned the tables on myself. I am now the one who stares with big, silent eyes full of questions. My desire is there. That fact never changes. It's my mind that makes me waver.

For the last couple of days, my soul seems to point out to me all those moments where He asks. Once, twice, and again. His requests feel more prominent now, they hold a brighter outline than all the other daily requests that run through my mind. I think I shall try to hold them there. To give them the weight they deserve. And hopefully, with a little patience, I can step down off my soapbox.

No comments :