FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Saturday, January 18, 2014

A Bathroom With Sass


I forgot how much I hate painting. I used to do it all the time. But now, when I'm only half way into painting a room, I just want to toss it all. I don't have the patience for it anymore. Or the energy.


And bathrooms are the worst. The. Worst. All those nooks and crannys. It makes me want to scream. But the 'Buttercup Barf' color made me want to scream even more. It had to go.

Here's a little golden nugget of knowledge-- covering any color with white takes at least 3 coats of paint. Who knew yellow was potent enough to need that much coverage. Last night I could hardly lift my arm.

This morning, in the light of day, I stand back and survey my new, white bathroom. It's now back to the same color as the day we moved in. {sigh} And when I squint my eyes to make them beady-small, I pretend that the pink-like-hue I see underneath the white is totally supposed to be there. I did that on purpose. As if.

But, here's my vision. Because, you know, all bathrooms need a vision. Right?
The Nester's House
See them there dots? I heart them soooo much. They're vinyl stickers. I ordered them for myself for Christmas. They's is goin' in the bathroom. Don't it now make sense why I painted the walls white (with a totally-on-purpose pink hue)?

And then I'm going to try my gosh darn hardest to create this watercolor art:
Click here for instructions
It just might turn out all ugly and stupid, but I'm going for it anyway.
Just thought all ya'll would want to know.


No comments :