FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Friday, May 31, 2013

My Current State


The husband has officially declared, "We are better at raising butterflies than we are humans." I'm giving a big 'Amen!' to that. And now I've become a blogger who talks about hatching winged creatures. This might be a slight indication that my sanity is on the brink of snapping. It's the end of the school year, people. And I am {this} close to losing it.

Speaking of which, if you do nothing else today, or all weekend, you have to read this mom post. I'm sure it's been all over Facebook, because multiple people have sent me the link (I'm not on Facebook, but that's a story for another day). But, I'm being serious here. You HAVE to read this. It's the best thing I've read in a month. And I read a lot.

As for me? I'm doing this:
This is the state of my floor, because nothing screams priorities like 'making a cute summer list'. My To Do list is so long, I could wrap it around my house twice, but I'm ignoring all that. I can't seem to find the energy to care. Summer Lists are a huge deal at our house. This one is going to be epic. The kids have all taken a look at the rough draft and said, "Mom, you're so weird".

In between my crafting (and my chiropractor visit), I'm washing Child #1's sheets. This causes great mayhem around here. No one, and I mean no one, touches that girl's bed. I have to prep her beforehand. It's a little crazy. When I went to remove her sheets, it had been so long since she'd made her bed (like, never), I had to brush the dust off the corners. And I'm pretty sure her room smelled like bacon.

Enjoy your weekend. Craft a little, read a little and maybe hatch a butterfly, or two, or seven.


No comments :