FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Friday, May 3, 2013

Smart Might Be Overrated


It's been one of those weeks (years maybe?) where I question my commitment to sanity. "What are you doing?!" is on an endless loop in my brain. Because honestly, I don't recognize myself. I have a college degree, people! I have been on TV, for heaven's sake (OK, only briefly with a bunch of other people, but whatever). And here I am gettin' crafty for the teachers.

The twins were watching Barney at my house yesterday, and I found myself singing along. Mmm Hmm. Knew every word. Sang with Baby Bop. Oh, and this was right after Teenager #1 told me she could see my bra through my shirt. For the love.

I'm determined to feel like a productive grown up today. Problem is, I have no idea what that means. It's been so long since that's happened, I'm not quite sure what to do. Truthfully, I just want to go sit in the middle of the library and read. That's what smart people do, right?

***

My sister is a Godmother. Did you know that? It's kindof a cool title. Am I jealous? Um, no. I make my kids call me Queen, and that's a way cooler mantra. And let's be real here, if you had to pick between my sister and I for a good role model, who would you choose? Exactly.

Anywho, my sister is on official Godmother duty this weekend at my brother's house. And, I feel like she needs some kind of a grand statement. But, what does one wear if you're a Godmother? A tiara? A big button for her coat? What about a beauty queen sash? I'm really out of my element here. Oh, I know. Big, feathered wings. Because then she'll be like a Fairy Godmother and grant wishes. I like it.

I bet Godmother's are smart. And feel like full-fledged grown ups. Because nothing screams adult like wings. Hmm. Maybe I'll go with the sash.

***

Enjoy your weekend.
Do something that makes you feel smart. Like, grant wishes.




No comments :