FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

S.B.- Day 3

Today I tried something unusual. Well, it's unusual for me. I tried to stop Doing.

I don't do Calm. Nor am I familiar with Still. In my mind, I seem to equate the two with Lazy. But in reality, Calm and Still are far from it. I just can't get my brain on the same page as that obvious truth. I'm a list maker and a list doer. I tend to forget that there is a life sustaining force that can be found in Still. So today I tried to Be and not Do. For me, that's hard work. I have to physically force myself to stop and take inventory, and then Calm. Many of the things I needed to do, simply went undone. Instead, I sat. I sorted puzzle pieces with a teenager, I listened to a child's lengthy explanation without cutting her off mid-thought, I even sat outside long enough to enjoy the spring air. All Calm.

All my not-Doing makes me feel restless. My eyes wander to my list out of habit, but I try not to read what's written there. Doing Less and Being More is so much harder than it looks. But, maybe I can form a new habit. Shape the Calm and the Still and mold it around my never ending Doing. That just might be the perfect combination.

Until then, I shall try to let my soul find space to breathe. Just like her puzzle, piece by piece.


1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Nice work, I hate puzzles, That would have bben a long day for me. Way to be calm!! Now get something done!