FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Thursday, July 22, 2010

3

We arrived in our adopted state three years ago, today. As we drove into this city, all I could think was, "what have we done?"

We were a little different then. Hesitant about new beginnings. My girls were smaller, younger, their cheeks a little chubbier. But yet, we were together. That became the one thing I held to. Together. No matter the state we lived in, or the changes we faced. Together.

Fast forward three years. I have yet to use the word 'ya'll' without concentrated effort. I have yet to adapt to the humidity, the ridiculous traffic or the ants that bite.

But, I have grown to love so many things. This place has wiggled its way within me. I love when the woman at the grocery checkout tells me to, "have a blessed day". I love to watch the low hanging clouds move across the sky. I love the moral compass and Christian love that fills the people of the south. I could go on and on.

When we arrived here, I didn't have any formal plan. I only had this immense drive to plant us here with a permanent footprint. After that, I simply didn't know what to expect. This new life has offered more change than I expected. But, it has also given me more joy and growth than I ever thought possible. For that, I offer thee, dear Texas, my eternal thanks.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

God bless Texas...Now find us a job there!