FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Friday, March 5, 2010

Is There An Interpreter In The House?

Conversation in the car:
Sam: "The other night I had a dream that I was raised by a family of skunks."
Me: "Seriously?"
Sam: "You were killed by a wolf."
Me: "Uh. What's that supposed to mean?"
Sam: "I have no idea, but it was pretty interesting."

Wait. Just wait. Hold on to your thoughts and revelations. Here is written conversation I found in Makell's room. Todd put her and Addie in a time out and they decided to write notes back and forth. Here's a glimpse:

Addie: "Kellie, do you like dad?"
Kellie: "I don't know, but I do love him."
Addie: "Do you love mom?"
Kellie: "Yes I do love her because she did not send us to our room."
Addie: "Do you wish that dad was dead?"
Kellie: "No, I just do not like him right now."

So, if we take a step back and look closely here, we'll find that everything boils down to the fact that our kids want us dead. Or eaten by wolves. Should I take that personally?

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Well, what do you expect? Isn't your motto.."If they don't kill me today they'll try again tomorrow?" Good luck. I hope you survive until Florida!!

Anonymous said...

HEAVENS NO, dont' take it personally! Just smile and pretend you don't know what's going on :) That always works :)

Christy said...

Her dream means that being raised by someone else would stink.