FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Feels Like Home

The unbelievable happened today. It SNOWED! In Texas!
A cold front moved in last night and this morning it actually felt like the winter we are used to. By afternoon the flakes appeared. We started screaming from the excitement. I sat in my car and looked around at the snow, and felt a piece of my Utah home.

Snow is a phenomenon here. The last time it snowed (for an hour) was 4 years ago. As we drove down the street, kids were waving their hands out the windows trying to touch it. As we pulled up to Sam's school, teachers had let their students outside to run in it. Pure magic.

If you squint your eyes, you can see our Texas snowflakes:
The best place to catch a snowflake:


Soaking in the magic moment:
Don't worry about us freezing in Texas. It will be back up to 70 degrees by the weekend!

9 comments :

Edwin and Rebecca said...

funny how is was so balmy yesterday and snow today....and yes back to the 70s this weekend. Oh how I love Texas.

Tana said...

I remember it snowing when I was stationed in Ft Hood. I couldn't believe it. I had to go out and buy a coat and gloves. It was crazy! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Thankful for every little gift!

Christy said...

I just wish it would stick for a little while.

Rydgd said...

I'm still basking in the residual giddiness of yesterday! Loved it!

Penny said...

That is my kind of snow. Now you see it, now you don't!

Anonymous said...

But what an awesome moment. Something to remember for at least 4 years :)! Makell's picture captures the feeling perfectly!

Becky Leland said...

sounds like you miss Utah - glad y'all got to see alittle snow this year.

Love y'all

Madi said...

I wish I lived in TX, I wish it was warm! I don't like the cold, I like the WARM!!