FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Goals Are Good

I've been thinking about goals lately. See, I have these brothers that have recently run marathons. They both set a goal about a year ago, and so they ran. Stupid goal if you ask me. Anything that makes you sweaty is ridiculous and those running outfits just aren't pretty. No one, I repeat, no one looks good in spandex. Ever. Did you know you actually have to PAY to run in a marathon? What the? I definitely remember both of my brothers using the word 'death' to describe their marathon experience.....AND THEY PAID FOR IT!

So, their goal has got me thinking about my goals. A couple of years ago I set a goal to floss more than I had the year before--which was none. How could I do anything but improve? I flossed 10 times that year. I'm such an overachiever. Lately I've had a goal to not use as much hairspray. It's quite a stretch for me, but like I said....overachiever. I'm thinking about setting a goal of decreasing my Pepsi intake by a teaspoon or two. This one is a toughie, so I'll have to fast and pray about it before I commit.

The new year is just around the corner. I should set at least one goal for 2009. It definitely won't be a marathon--the only reason to run that far is to a shoe clearance at Dillards. But I do think I should reach beyond any of my previous goals. You know, really stretch myself. Maybe I'll try to floss 14 times. In a year. Always, always an overachiever.

7 comments :

Kristin said...

You are definitely an overachiever. Just look at how seamlessly Primary runs--I am not being sarcastic. I promise. You're awesome! Good luck w/the flossing.

Tana said...

I think you could add another store into your daily shopping trips. That could be a marathon for some.

Emily Kikuchi said...

No! Your goal is to get on a plane and come to Hawaii and hold my baby girls! Thats a real goal!

Christy said...

You are so dang funny.

Anonymous said...

I'm with your sis. Get ona plane and go see her babies. (When it's your time to go you can't fight it!) Then if you're feeling lucky you can always fly to Kentucky after that! Just an idea.

Simpson Family said...

Emily is on to something!

Kerri said...

Mmmmm, I tried the reduction of Diet Coke goal...and well, there's nothing to gain from that so no need to bother.
As for the shoe sale at Dillards...I'd run TWO marathons to get to those...well, maybe not run, but I could ride in the water van next to the runners.