FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Good Teaching Moment

Todd is a medical show junkie. The more trauma and graphic scenes, the better. The girls have dived right in to this obsession. You should see the four of them sitting with rapt attention in front of the TV, while the woman who was mangled by an alligator is stiched up. It's bizarre.

Yesterday, I could hear my kids and two friends upstairs playing 'emergency room'. I heard someone yell, "take her to trama 1!". Hmmm. Next, I heard Addie crying and gasping for breath, both at the same time....then I hear Sam scream, "Makell, you have to have training to do that!!" I investigate.

It appears that Makell tried to do CPR on Addie. The 9 yr. old is massively pushing on the 5 yr. old's chest as she lays on the ground. Good glory, are you kidding me!?

I later had a lengthy discussion with Makell. I explained, that at the age of 9, she simply can't do CPR on her sister. "Why not?", she asks. "Well, because its dangerous. You could have really hurt Addie, maybe even broken one of her ribs. Then she wouldn't be able to breathe very well." Makell then raised her eyebrows, tilted her head, and said with a glimmer in her eye, "but then she wouldn't be able to talk so much."

Whew, a sigh of relief, good lesson learned. I'm sure this will never happen again....

1 comment :

Madi said...

OK, that is scary!