FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My Weakness

I have many weaknesses, but this is the worst. Shoes. REALLY darling shoes. When I see a pair that is just so cute, I can't hardly breathe. I start thinking about which child I can sell so that I can afford them.

When I turned 16, my parents opened a checking account for me. The first check I wrote was for a pair of shoes at Nordstrom. The--first--check!! Shoes fulfill a deep-down longing in my soul. I saw this pair of summer sandals today and they screamed out. Cute shoes just call to me. Cute, metal roosters call to me as well, but Todd has put his foot down on how many should be allowed in one household.

My weakness spills over to my girls as well. I just walk the shoe isles at Target and feel a special peace. Little girl shoes are even more darling, and cost less than $12.99! When we lived with my mom, she just couldn't believe how many shoes one family could own. She told me I could outfit a small country with all of them.

So, the next time you see a pair of shoes that you just adore--even if they have ridiculously large bows on them--stop, listen and hear if they are calling to you, and then buy them. No matter what the cost. You simply can't put a price on happiness.

2 comments :

Quelly said...

You're just like our own little Imelda Marcos!

I must admit that when I see cute shoes I think of you.

Tillia said...

I LOVE shoes as well This weekend I bought 5 pairs and it was pure JOY!!!!