FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Life Skills

This watermelon slice hangs in my closet. It makes me happy. The summer when I was 9 or 10 yrs. old, my mom and my friend's moms took turns teaching us something--my mom taught us to crochet.

Now my mom is teaching my girls to crochet. Maybe, in 15 yrs., they will hang their pot holders in their closets.

The last couple of days, I have been in wonder at this life skill that my mom taught me, and is now passing on to my girls.
My thoughts have also started to wonder about what life skills that I am passing on to them. I have been perplexed....until today.

Cake batter. Gobs and gobs of it. I have given them the skill and the opportunity of learning how to eat cake batter (yellow is the best).
I don't think these girls realize how fortunate they are to have a mother like me. Seriously, only amazing parents let their kids eat cake batter--for lunch.

So, I wonder which life skill will serve them better? The world can only hold so many pot holders...so, my money is on the cake batter.

3 comments :

Quelly said...

I still have my pot holder too!

I am betting on the cake... they will go very far in life with that skill.

Anonymous said...

Now they just need to know how to make really good frosting, just in case any of that batter makes it to the oven!

Emily Kikuchi said...

My favorite post so far!!!!!!!