FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Monday, June 9, 2008

I'm Slipping

The unexpected has happened. For the second time in a couple of days...no one made their bed. Gasp! There they laid, those poor beds. Unmade for an entire day. Oh, the humanity! What will happen next if I let this kind of a thing continue? Just think if everyone stopped paying attention to which shoes go with which outfit. Ah! The horror!

I'm trying to have a carefree and fun summer. I'm determined. My kids are going to have fun this summer, even if I have to force the fun-ness on them. But, maybe I've taken my carefree attitude a little too far. No one made their bed today AND-I-DIDN'T-MAKE-THEM.What?!

The other day, my mom made the passing comment that I'm a triple A. I thought she was talking about my bra size, but then she clarified--"you're not type A, you're type AAA." Huh. Well, that would mean I'm uptight. No, scratch that. Crazy, insane uptight. Hmmm, there's no way that's accurate. But, funny enough, it is my true bra size.

So me and my triple A self let the beds go unmade. We went to the library instead. The entire time we were there I had a nervous twitch. At first I thought it was a side effect of spending too much time with my kids in a confined space, but then I realized it was the beds. I think that I'm going to save them tomorrow. Return the universe to its proper order.

5 comments :

Quelly said...

I am so proud of you Queen! This is a huge step for you. I agree, you should make them tomorrow, you don't want to frighten the children...

penny said...

Holy Hot Dogs Batman!!!!!!!
and Holy Bra Size.

Rachelle Woolley said...

I, too, am a member of the AAA club - go flatties!!

Mrs Pouncer said...

It is essential that you loosen the reins. Here in the glorious Thames Valley, we laugh gaily at the very sight of unmade beds. We slam doors to hide the spectacle of unwashed dishes, and kick sodden bathmats under undusted Ottomans. You will have all the time in the world to steam-clean your draperies when your children have grown and your puppies have flown .... or the other way round .... when the house is empty, in other words.

Electrawoman said...

lisa i can totally see you freaking out about the unmade beds that is funny oh and the pic of mikel in the rubber bands is awesome that is totallly mikel