FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Thursday, March 12, 2015

The Break- Days 2, 3 and 4


Sometimes I forget what I know. And then I spend countless days and hours with my kids, and it all comes flooding back to me.

In no particular order, here's what I remembered that I forgot. Make sense?


1. Child #1 is in DisneyWorld. She and her friend went for her Senior Trip/The Last Great Fun You'll Have Because You Have To Now Be A Grown Up. These 2 girls planned their trip and flights with only little help from their parents. And they've had the most magical time. They return home tonight. I've missed her terribly. And it's only been 3 days. College thoughts do not sit well with me.

2. Yesterday, Child #2 did a full demonstration of what I sound like on the phone. Well, what I sound like when I talk to everyone but my sister. "You try to sound all nice and sweet. Ya, that's so not you." Whatever. She doesn't know what she's talking about. Even if she had a hysterical fit of laughter when I tried defending my everyday sweetness. I think she may have even snorted. Crazy child.


3. My favorite little people are at my house. They had an epic stomach bug and we're banned from our residence for a week. Now they're back and my life feels right again.

4. Teenagers need naps. You know, because being upright for any lengthy period of time is exhausting. And when I say "upright", I mean "watching TV". Oh, and just this morning, Child #2 explained that it's normal for her to have an attitude when she speaks. "I was made this way. Maybe I have a disease. They'll research it and call it the Kellie Disease." Uh huh.


5. When push comes to shove, I can still take them down and force them to be crafty. I've got serious skills. You're bored? I'll make you mold clay into dishes. Don't even mess with me.




No comments :