FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

She Decorates Too



This girl of mine. This girl. Of mine.

Child #2 is an out-of-the-box thinker. Really, she's an out-of-the-box doer as well. She beats to her own drum, so to speak. For years I tried to figure out the rhythm to that beat. But, I couldn't. She marches a way all her own.

For so long, I tried to steer her back on course. To the path that I "thought" was the right one. She never budged from her side of the road. Not once. She has always held her ground and gone her own way. So, I've learned to come to her. To stand on her side and try to keep pace with the way she moves. I fail most of the time. But when I do get it right? The view she shares with me is spectacular.

We could all do with a little view change. Don't you think? To step out of the box we've created for ourselves. The one we qualify as "normal". And to look at life from a different angle. There is beauty to be found from all different sides. This daughter of mine teaches me that every single day. She gives me new eyes to see with. What a life changing way to be.


Last week she created a Disney mash up of characters. She found some patterns online and went to work. Without a word to anyone. She assembled and then hung them up along the mantel.


I came home from running errands to find this amazing display. I think I'll keep them up forever. They're just that awesome.

I gushed and fawned over her work. And she looked at me like I was rather crazy. She doesn't see how unique she is. I guess that's my job to point it out.

So, this is me. Pointing it out.
Kellie. You are an extraordinary gift.
Never, ever lose sight of the way you see the world.
You make my life magical.

Let's celebrate those we love that force us to view life with different eyes.


No comments :