FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

And Just Like That, She's The Favorite Again



We stand outside waiting for the bus. And we wear jackets. Because today is Fall in Texas. Just this one day. That's as long as it usually lasts.

And the Baby Child, the one I've pinned all my hopes and dreams on, decides to do something uniquely awesome.


She picks acorns right off the tree. Holding the cup in her mouth allows her to use both hands. She has to tip-toe reach for the branches because she's so tiny.


She giggles while she holds the cup by her teeth. And she jumps from branch to branch. All while I take her picture. Because this, this right here, is so beautiful, I memorize the shape and sight and sound of it all.

And just like that, I forget that she's in junior high. I forget that most words out of her mouth are aimed to make me feel like an idiot. I forget that I hate this age. Because, acorns! It's joy overflowing. And I want to hold this moment forever.

And just so we're clear, these two:
Stole my phone and took weirdo pictures. They are definitely not the favorite. Nope. Not at all. No acorns for them.


No comments :