FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Hallo Of The Ween


When you think about it, Halloween is a funny holiday. You spend loads of money that you need to be using to buy groceries, to buy candy instead. Then you give it away only to send your kids out to bring back more, half of which you secretly throw away. When you step back and look at it, it doesn't really make much sense. Right?

At our house, Halloween happened to coincidence with 'Treat Your Mom Like Crap Day'. I wish someone would have given me a heads up on that one. Because let me tell you, that made for an extra special holiday.

Not one of my kids dressed up. It made me sad. I even threatened they couldn't go trick-or-treating if they didn't fake some kind of costume. They didn't even bat an eye, they just ignored me and headed out for candy. The oldest went to her friend's house because I think she is allergic to her family. Good times all around.

Thankfully, my sister was kind enough to birth twin goodness 4 years ago so that I could have little people to celebrate with.


Who knew that Asian Owls were the cutest things on the planet. And they let me hold their hand door-to-door and didn't roll their eyes at me once or look at me like I'm a moron. The perfect treat on Halloween. I think I'll ask them to wear their costumes again today.


No comments :