FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Baby Is 10


When she was born, I knew she was the last. Knowing that made a difference. I held her more, smelled her newborn cheeks, kissed tiny toes. I was experienced enough to know those moments were fleeting. So I tried to hold on to them tighter.

Now she is 10. She's more independent at this age than the others were. Maybe that comes with being Child #3. 10 feels different than 9. I no longer have any children in a single digit age. That makes me feel like time is quicker than I thought it was.

But this day, I look at this girl, and I smile. She is all sorts of Foster Crazy. But, we all are. She is also sweet and giving and loves with a fierceness that captures you whole. I adore her.

Happy Birthday my Addie Bean.


No comments :