FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Friday, August 5, 2011

Why Do I Forget?

I took my girls shopping today, the back-to-school kind. At the mall. I nearly slit my wrists.


This picture captures the ONLY thing Child #2 was willing to do. Eat pretzels and sit. Child #1 refused to be seen with us. She shopped with a friend and only allowed me to show up to stand in line and pay for her clothes. Right now, at this very moment, she doesn't understand why she can't have a $76 pair of skinny jeans.

It's like this every year. But somehow my mind doesn't hold on to the horror of it all. And so, another year comes around and I mistakenly think we should all go shopping together so I can save time.

So, here it is in writing:  I would rather drink gasoline than go back-to-school shopping. Ever again.

I'm going to my room now. For a long, long time.


1 comment :

Anonymous said...

I clearly remember the pain of last year. I took Madi shopping, just me and her and it was lovely. The others get whatever I bring home for them. I would rather make a million returns then step one foot in a store with Josh, Ella and even Ike.
Good luck recovering...deep cleansing breaths!