FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Days Drag Long

The final week of summer is just like the final week of pregnancy. Grueling. Torturous. Shall we add slow and bloated?

I reached exhaustion this week. Not a physical exhaustion, but the mom kind. The kind of tired that reaches deep and sucks you dry. The kind that leaves you wanting to cry from the moment you open your eyes in the morning.

The kids played my exhaustion to their advantage. We went to the pool. It's been my goal NOT to put on my swimsuit this summer. But, with temperatures at 105, sacrifices have to be made.


This summer, Sam and her friend invented a method of playing UNO with every. single. card. they could find in my house. Total count- 156. It's fascinating to watch.


At one of my really weak moments, I let every loose to do whatever they wanted, "Just as long as you leave me alone!"


Somehow I should have guessed that paint would be involved. Why is it always paint around here? Why can't they quietly sit with a coloring book?


Even when they started painting their hands, I let them continue. I simply took a picture and sent them on their way. Mom exhaustion can do that to you.

In between my visions of scratching my eyes out, I started to feel the 'crazy school schedule' pressure. I know you feel it too. The homework, carpooling, lessons, feeding people, getting people out the door on time craziness. I've felt the pressure building all week. School life is so very different than summer life. Good thing the backpacks are lined up and ready to go. Freedom arrives in 11 hours.


No comments :