FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Friday, May 28, 2010

She Leaps

She took a leap today. As her mother, it feels like a giant leap. To her, it simply feels like moving forward. Her elementary life found closure, while her horizons are beginning to open into junior high.

There is a core group of moms who have worked a ridiculous amount of hours to prepare for a grand party that lasted a mere 3 hours. We were exhausted before the party even started. But, for those 3 hours, 140 students had a chance to celebrate the final stages of 5th grade.
For most of the day, she refused all my pleas to have her picture taken. I tried to sneak up on her, beg and even plead. Much to no avail.

But somehow, in the briefest of a moment, she let me have my way. Her glow-in-the-dark glasses may have weakened her resolve.

The life of a parent seems to be celebrated in the smallest of moments. They are found at those times when life seems to stand still and you become fully aware of how fast it's speeding by. The first day of kindergarten feels juxtaposed to the last day of 5th grade. The time that has passed in between, has gone too quickly.

So today, I watched her leap. Bounding with all the energy she always carries with her. And so I shall do my best to leap with her. Ever mindful of this day and all that I witnessed in her.

Onward to her future that is ahead...

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Blessed Makell! She is so beautiful. The party looks great. You're amazing!