FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Thursday, May 27, 2010

The End Draws Nigh


7 is such a small, teensy number. One week. That's it. One meesely week. 7 days from today, at 3:25 pm, they will descend from the bus for the last time. Then summer will begin. The freedom from routine will be welcomed. But the constant bickering and the need to be endlessly entertained, will not.

I think that for a mother, summer is just like having a baby. Before it's arrival, you view what's up ahead with joy and excitement. But then, when you're living it in the moment, you realize that reality just isn't as pleasant as you thought it would be.

Don't misinterpret my murmuring. I love my kids. I'm (somewhat) glad that school is coming to a close. But, here's the deal--summer sucks away my remaining sanity. It just does. I'm pretty sure that my kids are the biggest factor. They are just not normal. But then again, neither am I.

So, my plan for this next week, is to stock pile sanity and patience. If I have any extras, I'll let you borrow some. I'm going to try and channel all those good mothers who continually have a smile on their face and never yell at their children. I think I'll even get a pedicure and try to soak up all the quiet I can find. Then, I'll be ready. I think.

So many people have asked me recently if I have plans for the summer. I only ever have one response, "just try to stay alive." If you have ever been to our house for dinner, you know that's a lofty goal.

7. Days.


3 comments :

Emily said...

Hey Lisa I am out tomorrow!!! I love you!!! Hive me sams email, mrgrummpygills@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I don't envy the fact that you live in Houston. The heat combined with children...heaven help you! Good luck!

Alesha LeMmon said...

Aaahh! I just did my nine months and had my baby! It was called graduation. Now I have just three months before I am "with child, I mean children" again! Enjoy your summer, Lisa - I know I will!