FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Year's End

Yesterday was hoopla and games. Popcorn, face painting and a bouncey house. And that was just during PE class:




Today they bounded off the bus for the last time this school year. Makell was in tears as she told me, "my friends are gone!" I gave her warm cookies and reminded her she would see them in less than 3 months. She hopped on her moped and was tear-free.


They seem to look just a bit older today. I think they have grown slightly since this morning. No longer a kindergartner, 4th grader or a 6th grader. Movin' on up. Ever changing.

I can still remember preschool. Vividly. How does time pass so quickly? Maybe that's one of the hidden blessings of summer vacation. Time slows down. Long enough to catch a glimpse of them at this age, at this moment, before they board the bus again on August 24th at 7:26 am. Not that I'm counting.

2 comments :

Christy said...

I love the word hoopla

Shannon said...

Yay summer - Im ready to be schedule free. The nice thing too, is my kids are old enough I can leave them home while I go do what I want!! It's really not so bad.