FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Friday, January 2, 2009

Queen Of Hearts

Things have been a little crazy, stressful and did I mention crazy, around here.
For those of you who don't have access to my sister's blog, I thought I would post an update on Riley (the smaller twin):

Monday night Riley was admitted to Texas Children's Hospital. Tests revealed that she has Dilated Cardiomyopathy. The most simple explanation is that the left ventrical of her heart is damaged and this causes her heart not to work properly. This damage is permanent. Right now the doctors are trying to determine if this damage is genetic or was caused by a virus. She is considered in heart failure. All that being said, she is doing extremely well. The doctors have said they are amazed at how well she is doing. Most babies with this condition are not eating or breathing on their own. Riley is doing both.
So far, Riley is responding well to the treatment. If she continues to do well, the prognosis is a normal life but she won't be able to participate in any sports. If she does not respond well to the treatment, the only option is a heart transplant. Because she has done well thus far, doctors are very optimistic. Please keep Riley in your prayers.

Those of us not at the hospital are taking care of Keagan. I told my sister that I just might have to keep her. I don't see why that would be a problem. She has an extra. Like a buy one get one free. So I just get to keep the free one. When Riley comes home, I might consider a swap option. But if I agree to that, I think I will keep both babies and swap her Addie. Sweet.

8 comments :

Christy said...

She will be in our prayers (mommy too.)

Madi said...

Thank GOODNESS! I was very worried about her. Of course we will still keep her in our prayers

penny said...

Lisa,
We (ABBY) are a part of an online yahoo health group called Intermountain Healing Hearts. It is a great support group with tons of information...it feeds Primary Childrens Hospital, but you link up with moms of kids with every heart situation and get tons of advice on feeding, surgery, transplants , medication, oxygen, tape on cheeks to hold O2 tubing etc etc etc....she would have to register. There are moms and kids from surrounding states. It is free. People in the group get really close and pray for each other. We are praying too.

Madi said...

I left this comment from the Wii! :)

Stacie Cooper said...

Thanks for the update, we are continuing praying for Emily and Riley and the whole family, everyone can use a good prayer, right.

Tracie said...

Lisa...you are an awesome sister, you know that? I also find you to be one of the funniest woman on the planet. Anyways, thank you so much for the continual updates on Emily and her family's behalf. My heart aches for her continual trials with regards to her children. I pray that everything will be ok with little Riley, and wish I could be there to hug Em and Trav with all the might I can muster. Please give them my adoring love. It's true, I adore them like few others. And I think if we knew each other well, I'd feel the same about you.

Kristin said...

That sweet baby is in my prayers along w/the rest of you.

Tana said...

I hope everything goes ok. Sad to spend the holidays in the hospital. I do think you should keep at least one. I mean, what are sisters for?