FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Sunday, January 4, 2015

An Update


Really. It's been a while. Yes? Because, it's the holidays. You know? The Husband took time off and friends came to visit. And let's not forget the epic clean up required of all things Christmas. So yes, it's been a while.

Here's an update. In all it's random glory.

1. Christmas was awesome. Of course. I'm a big believer in more is more. I spoil these children of mine. Truly spoil them. And I love it.

2. On Christmas Eve, Child #1 let us know that every year since she was 6, she comes down in the middle of the night and touches each of her presents. She said she can't fall asleep until she takes a peek to make sure Santa arrived. So, if I'm calculating correctly, she's been sneaking downstairs for the last 12 years! What a weirdo.

3. Speaking of Child #1, she got a double ear infection. Like, massive. Even the doctor looked alarmed at the state of her inner ears. One was completely plugged up and blocked out all hearing. For the last week, every time you talk to her, she just stares at you like you're an idiot. Then she finally turns her head and says, "You have to talk to me in my good ear." It's crazy.

4. We took our friends to our favorite Safari. The Husband got molested by this llama. It's his own fault, he wouldn't share the bucket of food. I think the animal may have even nibbled on his hand.

5. Speaking of The Husband, over the holidays, he got an email invite to join a dating site for Senior Citizens.

Stop. Right now. Let's repeat.

A dating site for Senior Citizens!
No matter how you look at it, that's ridiculously hilarious.

6. The new year arrived. We partied and we ate. We even attempted fireworks. But The Husband put one in upside down and it almost took out several humans nearby. We wrapped things up after that. I was in bed before 11:00 pm.

7. And now it's 2015. If you know me well, you know how I feel about odd numbers. They're terrible. They make me feel all off-center and unbalanced. So, I don't know what to expect for this year to come.

It's the season for picking a word of the year and making goals, but I have yet to do any of it. I'm rather proud that Christmas is put away and the pine needles have all been vacuumed up. I haven't really wrapped my head around the 'New Year/New You' kind of theme. I'll get there. Or, maybe I won't. I haven't decided yet. Let's take it slow together, shall we?

Here's to a year where we slow down and enjoy what's around us.
Cheers!


1 comment :

Kevin said...

You are still the only person I have ever heard of that has a 'thing' with 'odd' years. So, naturally I thought of you right after midnight when I realized it really was an odd numbered year.
I'm so glad to have an 'odd' buddy. Here's hoping nothing to 'odd' happens to either of us or our families this year until we can return to the safety of even in 2016. Ohh, just typing that made me feel better. 2016, 2016, 2016...